Monday, May 24, 2010

Graduation Season, Part 1

May has been the month of graduations in my family.

Two weeks ago, my sister, Anna, graduated from Auburn
with a masters degree in counseling.

The kids and I headed to Auburn for the day
to celebrate with Anna.

Our first stop was lunch at Fuji, the best Japanese steakhouse ever. When Ryan and I lived in Auburn we went there so often that the waiters had our order memorized.

Anna enjoying the delicious chicken teriyaki

My first attempt at a cookie cake, my decorating skills could use some work, but the cookie was excellent!

Cousins, Mamie and John Stuart, enjoying the cookie cake
After lunch, we dropped Aubrey off at my cousin's house for a nap, while Luke and I were at Anna's graduation.

I was a little nervous about taking a 2 year old to a graduation ceremony, but he was a trooper!

We did leave right after the master's part of the program was over, don't think Luke would have made it through all 2,000 of the Auburn graduates without a meltdown.

Before we left Auburn, we stopped by my cousin's house
to let the kids run around and play.
Mamie & Aubrey

Kisses from Papa
Happy Graduation Anna!

3 comments:

MamaHen said...

I know you have heard this a thousand times, but that is amazing how much your sister looks like you.

I love Audrey's outfit and bow!

Jaci Spain said...

That bottom picture is absolutely priceless!

Rachel said...

Cute! I'm glad y'all got a taste of Auburn again. How fun!