Tuesday, January 12, 2010

National De-Lurking Day

Before I started my own blog, I was a big time blog stalker.

I read several blogs and really enjoyed them, but never commented on a single post, I just never saw the need for it; until I met my friend, Rachel, who, through some of her own blog posts, encouraged me that commenting was not only an important, but a vital part of blogging and blog reading.

Everyone needs a little encouragement every once in a while, and you never know how much your little comment
can mean to the blogger.

Not to mention, you really can make new friends from reading and commenting on blogs, I sure have!

There's no better time than today, to start commenting, because January 10th-12th are officially
National Delurking Days.

Definition of Lurk, according to Urban Dictionary:

Lurk - To read without commenting or contributing, therefore effectively invisible to the rest of the group or community.


So, if there are any "invisible" readers out there,
it's time to de-lurk!

Leave me a comment and let me know who you are. Also, if you have your own blog, leave the web address,
I would love to read your blog!


Credit: The main idea of this blog post came from this post by Rachel.

11 comments:

jbdlee7 said...

This is good=) It's funny how a blog comment can really perk up my day=) I love your blog...so organized and to the point. I wish I was as commited as you to keeping it simple. All people really want is the pics of the kids, right? Hahaha! Luv ya!

Jaci Spain said...

You know I'm a reader:) And I'm all about some comments too. Otherwise you don't even know if people are reading at all...Blog lurking bugs me:)

Rachel said...

I'm so glad you stopped lurking and started blogging! :) It's so fun to be blogging buddies.

Cassie said...

Someone told me delurking day was Thursday? oh well!

MamaHen said...

Comments are so much fun! And I'm glad I got to "know" you!

Tonya said...

This post made me smile! ;) Thanks for sharing. I am a regular reader and hope you visit our blog sometimes. Take care!

Unknown said...

what is it called if you obsessively comment on someone's blog but dont have a blog of your own? oh i know...A STALKER ;)

Muthering Heights said...

Who knew there was a special day to de-lurk? That's awesome!

Brent, Kerri, Mason, and Sadie said...

This whole "de-lurking" thing is kind of throwing me off. You know I LOVE the blog though. I could really use you to update mine more often :)

Erin said...

I follow your blog! I'm bad at leaving comments though, I will try to work on that. Now I look at your blog with a new perspective though, since my babies will be 18 months apart. Any advice?? :)

JBFerguson said...

Great idea Christen. I always read your blog, but I rarely post comments. I am the same way though, I need that reinforcement! I hope everything is going great with you. Your family is absolutely adorable! Luke is such a big boy!