Monday, January 18, 2010

Artistic, I am not

I have no artistic abilities what-so-ever, I can't draw, paint, decorate, and even my handwriting is pretty pitiful!

I actually thought my lack of artistic abilities was a hereditary thing, because everyone in my immediate family seemed to be plagued with the same artistic illness...until my sister, Kathleen, got to college and started designing these adorable canvas paintings for herself and her friends.

I always knew that Kathleen had the best handwriting in the family, she did, however, want to be an elementary school teacher and for some unknown reason they ALL seem to have very elegant (or at least pretty) handwriting.

In the past Kathleen has just painted these signs for herself and as gifts for family and friends, but she started teaching this year and as many of you may know, teachers don't exactly strike in rich in their first few years...or ever for that matter.

So, she's decided to start selling her paintings to try to bring in some extra income.

Here's some examples of her canvas paintings:








She can paint anything on a sign from Bible verses to favorite quotes to names.

See these two posts on Kathleen's blog for more ideas.

You can pick the size canvas and any colors you want.

Kathleen also painted the letters that hang
in Aubrey's nursery

I had several toddlers to get Christmas presents for this year, so I bought some art supplies and put them in a plastic container, then Kathleen painted the kid's name on each of the containers. Wish I had some pictures of the gifts because they were super cute!

So, if you're ever in need for a unique gift or decoration for your own home, head on over to Kathleen's blog,
facebook page, or e-mail her at kealfano(at)gmail(dot)com.

4 comments:

MamaHen said...

Those are so cute!!!!

Muthering Heights said...

Her work is adorable!

Rachel said...

Those are great! Kathleen is so very talented! I will definitely keep her in mind for gifts and such!

Jaci Spain said...

Those are AWESOME! Do you know how much she charges?