Wednesday, February 3, 2010

PDA in the Nursery

Ever since we started going to our church about a year ago, Luke has had one special friend in his nursery class. Ella is her name, or as he calls her "Eh-wa" (his "l" sounds like a "w").

For several months he cried every time we dropped him off in the nursery, and we heard he would sometimes cry on and off the whole morning.

At the time Ella was the only other kid in his class that we knew so, we started really talking up Ella every Sunday morning, saying things like "'don't you want to go to Sunday School and play with Ella?" and "Ella is going to be very excited to see you!".

After a while it seemed to work, and he stopped crying when we left him in the nursery.

I always wondered if Luke and Ella really played together in the nursery or if they were too young to really interact much.

Well my question was answered one Sunday morning last summer as I was watching a video during the church service. This video(some live video, but mostly just pictures) showed different ministries in the church and was meant to try and encourage people to serve in different areas of the church.
About half way through the video I see a picture of Luke & Ella standing side by side hovering over a baby cradle with a baby doll inside!

Not only do Luke & Ella play together, but it looks like they've gotten pretty serious if they are already playing "house".

Since then I haven't seen anymore pictures of them at church and I'm starting to think he's playing with boys now, because most of the kids he mentions after church are boys.

Now Luke (and Aubrey) are old pros at going to the nursery, besides Sunday, they also go on Tuesday mornings while I'm in Bible Study.

Today on the way home from Bible Study I asked Luke if he played with Ella in the nursery and this was the conversation that followed:

Me: Did you play with Ella today at church?

Luke: (holding his hand out) Eh-wa, hold hand!

Me: Luke, did Ella hold your hand?!?

Luke: (beaming) Yes, Eh-wa, hold hand...oh BOY!

Well I guess they moved straight from playing "house" to acting like they are dating.

I'm not quite sure how I feel about this, at first I thought it was really cute, but at the same time I don't want any girl moving in on my little man, even if she is adorable and very sweet. :)

These are the only two pictures I have of them, both are from last summer.


8 comments:

Jaci Spain said...

How precious! I think it's cute and funny when they have crushes when they're little:)

Rachel said...

LOL! I had no idea about Luke's crush. Maybe they can double date with Ali and Ethan!

Kathleen said...

ahhhh this is so cute!!!! lukes got a girlfriend! uh oh mommy!!

MamaHen said...

Well, if he's going to have a special girl she sure is precious! I love the one in her little bathing suit!

Unknown said...

hahaha i can hear him saying "oh boy" but she better watch her back, i might have to beat her up if she breaks his heart ;)

Muthering Heights said...

Oh my stars...that is ADORABLE!!!

Lindsay said...

Uh oh... You better hope Russ doesn't get wind of this. He already had a word with Eli once when he got a little too flirty with Ella :). She's such a cutie, though. Who could blame our boys for being smitten!

Marie said...

She's adorable and so is he! "Oh boy!" Love it!