Thursday, July 9, 2009

Our First Week Alone

My sisters have been bugging me to update the blog this week, and I tried to explain to them that this is the first week that I have been alone with a toddler and a newborn, so blogging hasn't been high up on my priority list.
I decided to take a little break from housework and baby watching to post a few pictures from this week...maybe I should get back to baby watching, as I write this Luke is ripping up some papers from one of Ryan's work boxes...hope they weren't too important.

We had a wonderful 4th of July; Luke and I went to my Aunt and Uncle's new Big Red Barn for swimming, fishing, and lots of food!
Luke had a blast sliding down waterslide...he wasn't quite old enough to slide down from the top, so Aunt Kat helped him slide down from about half way up

That night all four of us went to Homewood to watch fireworks. I absolutely love fireworks and was very excited that we decided to get out and watch them. But, I have to say I was a little disapointed... not in the acutal fireworks (they were awesome) but they were so far away! I prefer to be so close to them that they light up the entire sky. My favorite place to see fireworks is over the lake or ocean, then they light up the sky and the water!
I left my camera in the car, so we don't have any pictures of Luke watching the fireworks. He really enjoyed seeing the fireworks and kept shouting "Oooo" and pointing to them. I guess Aubrey wasn't in the patriotic mood, because she slept through the whole show.

Luke is still really enjoying his pool. When Nana and Papa were here on Friday they taught him how to "swim" in his pool.

Kicking his legs
Putting his face in the water

Chillin' in the pool

I haven't taken many pictures of Aubrey this week, but Ryan wanted me to take this picture the other night, because he said that her and Luke are starting to look like brother and sister.
You can't really tell from this picture, but her hair sticks up everywhere (especially after a bath)...she gets that from her daddy :)
Here's Luke around the same age as Aubrey is now

After uploading this picture of Luke, I might want to change my mind...they do kinda look alike!

7 comments:

MamaHen said...

They look a lot alike!

Kathleen said...

yay a new update! and yes i think they do look alike in those pictures!!! hope you survived your first week alone with 2 babies!!! love you!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

aubrey is sooo chunky! haha but yes i think she is starting to look a little more like luke (you) tell luke he's in trouble if he doesnt start being nice to me again!!!

The Coleman's said...

Yes! I definetly see it! :) Also, that slide looked awesome!

Cassie said...

That slide looks like so much fun!

kpmantooth said...

It's those alert eyes, I think....

Rachel said...

CUTE! Yes, they definitely have the same eyes.

That waterslide looks super fun!!