Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Graduation Season, Part 2

This past weekend, my youngest sister, Jeri,
graduated from high school.

I was almost 9 years old when she was born, so while
I was living at home I felt like a second mother to her.

When she was a baby I loved helping
my mom out with whatever Jeri might need.

As she got older, I really enjoyed helping her with her schoolwork, especially math homework...I know, I'm a dork :)

When I got my driver's license I took Jeri and her friends places, I picked her up from the after school program everyday my senior year, and I even took her on a few dates with me! I don't know if she always enjoyed
being hauled all over town with me, but I loved it!

All this to say, it was really hard for me to believe that my baby sister is old enough to graduate from high school!

For such a momentous occasion, the whole family packed up and headed to Atlanta for a weekend of celebration.

Me, Anna, Kathleen, and Jeri after the graduation ceremony
Jeri and my parents

The whole family
After the ceremony, Jeri chose House of Lu, a local Chinese restaurant, for her celebration lunch...guess my family has a thing for celebrating graduations at oriental restaurants

The rest of the weekend was spent hanging out
with the family and visiting friends.

Aubrey & Papa

Anna reading Chicka Chicka Boom Boom to Luke,
it was her favorite book as a kid

Aubrey learned some new tricks while we were in Atlanta:

Biting her tongue
Pulling up

Pulling up while biting her tongue

Standing
Standing while biting her tongue...seeing a pattern here?

and riding a zebra (bouncy toy)...thankfully she was not
biting her tongue while bouncing

We are so proud of you, Jeri!

3 comments:

Amy said...

You and your sisters look so much alike. Beautiful family with lots to celebrate.

Rachel said...

It's amazing how much alike you all look!! And all beautiful, of course!

Congrats to Aubrey for standing up!!!

Muthering Heights said...

Congrats to your sister!

You really look a lot alike!